Oh hey! I still have a blog. Evidently my new posting schedule is once a month. Whoops. Hopefully, that will change for the better soon.
The last month has been busy and fun and sometimes, you just have to step away from the computer and enjoy it all!
Highlights of the past month:
- Running the Tom King Half Marathon. I finished in 1:58:10 which is faster than I have run a half in a long time. My PR is a 1:56:04 so I am hoping to beat that PR in one of my upcoming races.
- I finalized my schedule for 13 in 2013! I have already run 2 of my half marathons – Cedars Frostbite and Tom King. Up next – Scottsboro Half Marathon on March 30th. I’ll write up a post on the 11 remaining ones on my schedule. I am so excited for this year.
- I’m still loving coaching one of the half marathon groups with East Nasty. We have a wonderful group of coaches and runners so Saturday mornings are so fun.
- I’ve been training with Amy Cotta since January and I did 15 push ups in a row the other day. For a girl with zero upper body strength, this was amazing. I love working out with Amy and am loving the strength I am gaining.
- My grandmother had heart surgery on Wednesday and is doing amazing. That’s the best news of the whole month! Can’t wait to see her soon and give her a big hug!
- I get to see my boys tomorrow night. I’ve been in Roswell, NM all week and am so ready to go back home!
What’s been the highlight of your month?